Team Builder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Builder

Network marketing team building forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?

Go down 
+2
dawn401
steveuk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steveuk
Team Builder
steveuk

Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Empty
PostSubject: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi Guys

I work out at the gym and at home and am interested in exchanging tips on training and such like you can ask Sammy i bore her stupid all day every day about trainng I LOVE IT Smile so lets get together here who knows together we may be able to expand this forum with our Lats or Pecs heheh

Looking Forward to posts x 1000,s here

Train Hard

Steve Thorn
Back to top Go down
steveuk
Team Builder
steveuk

PostSubject: Hey Guys and Girls !!   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:35 pm

Just like to say this also includes any form of external/internal exercise so all you areobics/martial artists.yogists/grip trainers/runners/spiritual chi exercisers please come in and give us your tips and advice for training,

Take Care

Steve
Back to top Go down
steveuk
Team Builder
steveuk

PostSubject: Want to improve your Grip ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 1:41 pm

Hey Guys

Improving your Grip is a real good way to improve your overall training.

May sound strange to some of you, Who Knows BUT i can tell you from
personal experience that an improved grip really helps with other exercises, Basically i train 4 types of Grip exercises

1/ Hand Roller
2/ Pinch Grip
3/ Crush Grip
4/ Twist Grip

I have been using these for around 6 to 8 weeks now and really seeing major improvements, of course like everything else it takes effort and consistency and of course Dont Overtrain.....Interested ? get back to me ok I have a Hand Rolling Machine that would have been expensive to buy but i thought about it drew a design and got a friend to weld it up out of SCAFFOLD POLES and its really works well and more important makes ME WORK Smile.

Train Hard

Steve
Back to top Go down
steveuk
Team Builder
steveuk

PostSubject: Another Grip Builder   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Just a quick note today Guys, another very good way to start building your Grip is to use bigger round bars for deadlifting or pressing. and even Curling for those Biceps BUT be carefull with weight on bar get used to the bigger bar first or Tendonitus could come your way and hinder your Training so please be carefull.

Instead of the 1 inch or so Barbell try using a minimum of 2 inches Barbell you will notice the difference because you will not be able to lift the weight with ease you can on a 1 inch Bar. So be sensible about it and start training from scratch again if needed and you will be very glad you did Smile Once you get used to this, going back to the 1 inch will be easy for you Combine this with the other Grip Training routines Ive showed you and you will in time be on your way to a Very Powerfull Grip Indeed.

I have a hand roller made out of Scaffold Poles and i can tell you it makes me work Smile

Train Hard

Steve
Back to top Go down
dawn401
Team Builder
dawn401

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:46 pm

Thanks for the training classes Steve. I am trying some of these with my boyfriend and I cannot wait to see some results! keep em coming. cheers

Always,

Dawn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelbadger.com/index.php?rid=1040
steveuk
Team Builder
steveuk

PostSubject: Important Weight Training Point !!!!!!   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 2:16 pm

Today is a basic BUT very Important Tip.

When you are training Never substitute weight for correct Technique
that extra couple of pound that makes you writhe from side to side instead of staying in controlled Technique of lifting could give you an
injury and you will have to stop training whilst it mends, very counter
productive !!!

So drop the weight to where you are comfortable with and do slow lifts
the full range of motion get used to this then add a bit of weight a little at a time but as a guideline make sure you can do 3 sets of 8 reps correctly first if you want to progress afterwards (because you are warmed up ) try a little more weight if you can handle it and do 2 sets of 5 reps BUT
ONLY if it makes you work but your technique does not suffer.

Ok off Soapbox Now Smile

Train Hard (but correctly)

Steve
Back to top Go down
dawn401
Team Builder
dawn401

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 2:32 pm

Okay I will try that. I kind of did stop because I could not move properly in the morning. I always tell my boyfriend their is such a thing as a unhealthy skinny fat person.

He just laughs and says I am stupid. But, it is true. A skinny person can be as unhealthy. And I smoke too! Laughing

I am now buying a pack every 8 or 9 days. That is pretty good! You think? scratch

It really has helped thanks Steve.

Always,

Dawn afro
Back to top Go down
diacar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Steve

As a former body-builder and weight training instructor I just wanted to say that you are right on the money about the importance of proper form and technique when exercising !! Many people fail to concentrate on that aspect and it can really hamper their results.

One thing I recall is that alot of the people also fail to do is to keep the weight in control during the "down" side of say a bicep curl or bench press. It's extremely important to control the weight during these movements and to resist the gravitational pull. And on crunches or situps, concentrate on keeping that tension throughout the entire range of motion !

I've gotten lazy over the last few years, but this thread is encouraging me to break out the gloves and belt and hit the weights again !!

Diana sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.squidoo.com/monavieforlife
dawn401
Team Builder
dawn401

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:16 pm

Wow!!!!!! Diana you are a jack of all trades! I am looking very forward to hearing your guys advice!!!!!!!!

always,

Dawn sunny
Back to top Go down
diacar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Dawn .

What got me started working out in the first place was to try to put weight on, I was a real 95 pound weakling at the time !! It took some time and definately dedication to gain the weight, but when I did it was muscle weight and I was extremely strong for my size !!

Now...gaining weight is not the area in which I will be focusing my attention Razz

Diana sunny
Back to top Go down
steveuk
Team Builder
steveuk

PostSubject: Hey Di   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:55 pm

Diana

Many thanks for your input here and of course you are soo right about the controlled lowering and raising of the weights all part of the correct technique Smile i have seen and it has to be said especailly guys trying to Curl more weight than they should putting their back out in the process
and of course the lads who want to pin huge arms on a skinny body but i find sadly they want all this but are not prepared to work for it !!!
Another thing that i worry about is the huge increase in drug abuse in weightlifting they are risking everything to be a cheat really and also
Creatine which i am told is a massive Sugar Rush will be responsible for a whole lot of new Diabetics i fear

But that is true in quite a few fields i think lets get this thread rocking with good advice and feedback Smile

Steve
Back to top Go down
Reislet
Team Builder
Reislet

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 7:59 pm

Ey guys i couple of weeks ago i started working out also because i have a medical coming up and i need some blood in my fat circulation Smile.

The thinks what i do is pushing some weights and doing crunches. Don't really have a technique i do what i think and feels good.

But something important, before you start exercising drink water, and when i mention water i mean water and not some artificial hyper ... thing, dunno about energy drinks plain mineral water works for me. Also don't drink to much because who wants to hear a squashing sound while working out. And also a good idea drinking after you finish. I never drink during, maybe it's good maybe it isn't, somebody who has more exp help me out.

Something useful for all those people who use the PC extensively (like me).

#1 Do bending (hope this is the right expression) you bend forward and try to touch your toes. I know i know the hardest is in the morning after you wake up but it increases your blood circulation and sort of wakes you up. I really got psyched about it and started doing it randomly after i sat to much in front of the PC. That means 5-8 times a day + the morning and the evening. And it helped quite a lot in two weeks i managed to touch the ground and i never ever ever manage to do it, i'm starting to sound like a miracle program Razz. Bare with me. Besides increasing blood flow also strengthens the back. When you start doing it DON'T exaggerate start out slow.

#2 Dunno again what's the correct term but you turn your head left and right and try to look behind your shoulders, just like driving in reverse. As i heard it's good to do it after the day is over and atleast 50 times.

- Tip: doing extensive exercises before going to sleep it's not the best idea, you won't get any sleep fast. Learned it the hard way.

Hope it helps
Reislet
Back to top Go down
http://just4fun2u.blogspot.com/
liana
Team Builder
liana

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:32 am

I think this would be a good category to add!
I myself need to get into better shape, I have a bad back due to when I was doing training with the marines when I was in the service and it has been badly messed up since then, severe muscle spasms.
Is there anything that I could do that can help relieve that, besides physical therapy? Maybe some strength training that is easy to do?
I walk almost everyday and stay busy, but I myself would like to get into more shape for the new year!
My fiance Jeff is wanting to get back into weight lifting and such, so this would interest him. He's also very much into UFC, I mean a fanatic of it! If anyone is interested in that as well, he would jump in and put his two cents in! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://totalisation.com/index.php?spon=144
liana
Team Builder
liana

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:36 am

P.S. Sorry for the late reply, just browsing!
Back to top Go down
http://totalisation.com/index.php?spon=144
diacar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Liana,

Without knowing the extent of your injuries, and such I am hesitant to offer any advice as to starting a strength building program for you. Your best bet would be to consult with your therapists and doctors for their advice in how best to approach starting a program that would take into consideration any conditions that you may have... Once you have gotten clearance with them and all, get in touch and let me know what they say...I'd like to help, not hurt !

I'm starting back on my workouts today ! ( I mean it this time !! ) I've got the ab machine , which has been a great coat rack since my last vacation in Jamaica Razz, and weights here at the house so I have no good excuse !!

Stay in touch !

Di sunny
Back to top Go down
lunamoonfang

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:54 pm

I work out at the gym and at home and am interested in exchanging tips on training and such like you can ask Sammy i bore her stupid all day every day about trainng I LOVE IT so lets get together here who knows together we may be able to expand this forum with our Lats or Pecs heheh
_________

Community Association Management
German translations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?   Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Weightlifting/bodyweight exercisers out there ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Builder :: General :: Sports-
Jump to: