Team Builder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Builder

Network marketing team building forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scottsports
Admin
scottsports

Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware! Empty
PostSubject: Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware!   Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:29 am

Dear RICHARD SCOTT,

Our anti-fraud system recently reviewed your account, and we suspect several attempts of unauthorized transactions on your account. Therefore, as a preventive measure we have temporary limited your access to sensitive CitiBank features.

To ensure that your account is not compromised please login to CitiBank Internet Banking by clicking this link, verify your identity and your online account will be reactivated by our system.

- Click on: https://web.da-us.citibank.com/cgi-bin/citifi/portal/l/sthx.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&save=false&rand=0.752-875-520 [/url]
- Enter your personal information.
- Verify required credentials with CitiBank .

At the top of this message, you'll see an E-mail Security Zone. Its purpose is to help you verify that the e-mail was indeed sent by Citibank. If you have questions, please call 1-800-374-9700. To learn more about fraud visit Citibank.com and click "about e-mail fraud" at the bottom of the screen.

ABOUT THIS MESSAGE
Please do not reply to this Customer Service e-mail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Citibank, N.A. Member FDIC.
Copyright © 2007 Citigroup Inc. Citi with Arc Design and Citibank are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.

Notice that they even give a telephone number of Citibank to call for support! If you hit on the link It asked for all those question your not suppose to reveal! but the kicker it is a complete website for Citibank! I do not have a Citibank account so I knew there was somthing up! I call the number and was told this is a fake email and do not answer!

WoW! Imagine how many they fool a year! Thats scary!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iada-cc.com
rah
Team Builder
rah

PostSubject: Re: Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware!   Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:30 am

Scott, I thank you for sharing that with us.
That one is truly scary, and it is no telling
how many will get taken by it.

These people are really stepping up their horrid games

I get paypal notices all the time that are spoofs, which
I always send on to Paypal for their spoof department
to check out.

Thanks again for the info.
Back to top Go down
diacar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware!   Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks for passing this along Rich !

I bet it was alot easier for you to detect it as a fraud, since you are not a Citibank customer ! But there are so many other people that have probably fallen victim to this and all the other scams out there.

Be careful people, whatever you do when it comes to emails concerning any contact with your banks or financial institituions....Always check with them by phone, but not the number given in the email , before doing anything !!

Diana sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.squidoo.com/monavieforlife
theresa
Team Builder
theresa

PostSubject: Re: Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware!   Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:24 pm

Thank you for sharing this as I am a Citibank customer. But I never registered online or gave them my email so would question this one as a scam.

I get one like this from Bank Of America all the time and not a Bank Of America account holder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trivita.net/12345678
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware!   Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Citibank Phishing scam! well designed! Beware!
Page 1 of 1